unwaxed ripe sweet lemons
whipping cream, whisked until siff
- Bring the juice and zest along with 200ml water and the sugar gently to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Once boiling remove the zest immediately by either straining through a sieve or using a slotted spoon.
- Now boil the syrup for 4 minutes only.
- Meanwhile put the yolks and cornflour into a bowl. Using an electric whisk, whisk until the yolks are thick and then pour over the hot syrup whisking constantly until frothy and smooth.
- Once cool, fold in the whipped cream and freeze.
- Remove from the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving.