shrimp, peeled & deveined
thin slices sourdough bread
tomato, cut into 12 thin slices
bacon, cooked and drained
( 12 thick slices)
dry white wine
shallots, peeled and sliced
( about 5)
unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
lemon, juice of
- FOR THE SHRIMP:.
- Preheat the barbecue or grill.
- Sprinkle the vegetable oil over the shrimp.
- Grill the shrimp, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side; do not overcook.
- Drain and cut each shrimp in half lengthwise.
- FOR THE LEMON-BUTTER SAUCE:.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil & sweat the shallots for about 2 minutes.
- Do not brown.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and vinegar and reduce slightly.
- Pour in the cream and reduce by half.
- Whisk in the butter and strain into a clean pan.
- Season with lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep warm.
- FOR EACH SANDWICH:
- Spread a little mayonnaise on one slice of bread and arrange a little lettuce on top of the mayonnaise.
- Top with three slices of tomato and season with a little salt and pepper, and arrange the bacon on top of the tomatoes.
- Top with the second slice of bread, a thin layer of mayonnaise and a little lettuce.
- Heat the shrimp (10 halves) in the lemon butter and arrange on the lettuce.
- Top with the third slice of bread and cut in half.
- Serve immediately.
- Cut the sandwiches in halves and serve along with a light salad or fresh French fries.