unsalted butter, at room temperature, divided use
grated parmesan cheese
- Spread out bread slices and spread each with about 1 T butter.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on each slice and press firmly into bread.
- Melt 1/2 stick butter and pour half into large skillet preheated on medium-high.
- Place 4 of the bread slices in skillet, parmesan-crusted side down.
- Arrange 1 slice each of the 3 cheeses on each bread slice and grill undisturbed about 7 minutes. Cheese slices should begin to soften.
- Flip sandwich slices and grill briefly on other side, then set aside.
- Wipe skillet, add remaining melted butter and repeat with remaining bread with cheeses.
- Assemble sandwiches and let sit 3-5 minutes before serving.