leftover turkey carcass
celery ribs, diced
long grain rice, uncooked
chicken bouillon granule
- Place turkey carcass in a soup kettle or Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove carcass; cool. Set aside 3 quart broth.
- Remove turkey from bones and cut into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, saute the onions, carrots and celery in butter until tender.
- Reduce heat; stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add 1 quart of reserved broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cream, rice, salt, bouillon, pepper, remaining broth and reserved turkey.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender.