unsalted butter, softened
( 60 to 65 degrees, 2 1/2 sticks)
( 4 ounces)
Dutch-processed cocoa powder
light corn syrup
milk chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- In food processor, process butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt until smooth, about 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add corn syrup and vanilla and process until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Scrape sides of bowl, then add chocolate (cooled to 85º - 100º F) and pulse until smooth and creamy, 10 to 15 seconds.
- Frosting can be used immediately or held.
- The frosting can be made 3 hours in advance. For longer storage, refrigerate the frosting, covered, and let it stand at room temperature for 1 hour before using.