mccormick root beer extract
lukewarm mineral water
( approx 95*F)
water, pre-boiled and cooled to 85-95
2 1/4 teaspoons
dry active yeast
- Clean and sanitize all bottling equipment according to the information below.
- Mix contents of bottle with 5 pounds of sugar in a large container. (DO NOT USE ALUMINUM). Stir in 5 gallons lukewarm spring water (approximately 95*F).
- Dissolve yeast in 1 Celsius pre-boiled water cooled to 85-95*F. Allow to dissolve undisturbed 10-15 minutes. Add to sugar mixture and STIR WELL.
- Bottle immediately into plastic bottles, leaving 2-inch head space at top of bottle. Cap tightly. Store bottles on their side in a warm place (70-80*F) for 1-2 days, then store upright in the refrigerator 40-45*F for 3-4 days more. Keep chilled and consume within 7-8 days.
- CLEANING INFORMATION: Before using, sanitize bottles and equipment ina mild bleach solution, 2 oz. per 5 gallons cold water. Rinse several times with tap water inside and out.