6 -8 large
red ripe tomatoes
4 tablespoons white sugar or 4 tablespoons
chopped dill weed
apple cider vinegar
pam olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Spray Pam or olive oil in pan.
- Slice tomatoes in 1/2 inch slices.
- Layer in glass or porclain 9 X 13 pan. Do not use metal.
- Sprinkle the sugar, salt, dill weed and then spray the vinegar on the first layer.
- Continue to layer the tomatoes and do the same process until all the tomatoes are in the pan.
- Cover with towel or plastic wrap. Let set or refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Drain the juices and use as suggested and serve.
- Note: A pinch of dill weed with your fingers goes a long way. That is how I sprinkle the dill weed.
- Cooking time is Marinating time for this recipe.
- If you want to sprinkle pepper you can.