light corn syrup
light brown sugar, packed
pork spareribs, rack
green onion, diced
- Make the sauce by combining ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes,until thick.
- Heat up 12 to 16 cups of water in a large saucepan or dutch oven. Add a couple teaspoons of salt to the water.
- As water boils, trim the excess fat and meat off and slice between the bones of each rib to seperate.
- When the water is boiling,toss the ribs in, and boil the ribs for 12 to 14 minutes.
- No pink should show when they are done.
- Remove ribs to a plate to cool.
- Heating 4 cups of vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- The oil should be about 375°.
- When the oil is hot, drop 4-6 ribs in at a time.
- Fry for 2 to 4 minutes or until meat browns.
- Drain off the ribs on a rack or paper towels.
- Fry all the ribs refore moving on to the next step.
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, toss in all the ribs to coat with the sauce.
- Simmer the ribs in the sauce for the about a minute while stirring and dump.
- the ribs onto a serving plate when they are all coated with sauce.
- Sprinkle the ribs with sesame seeds and about a tablespoon of diced green onion.
- Serve with a pile of napkins.:).