1 1/2 tablespoons
apricot fruit spread
ground golden flax seeds
low-fat plain yogurt
- Put quick-cooking oats into a microwave-safe bowl. Add milk and microwave the oatmeal about one minute.
- Remove bowl from microwave; the oatmeal will be quite sticky and possibly a little dry on top. Stir in the pumpkin and 1 tablespoon of the margarine.
- Return bowl to microwave and cook for about twenty seconds.
- Remove bowl from microwave. Stir in the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of margarine and the apricot fruit spread, until the oatmeal starts to look creamier. Then stir in the flaxseed.
- Return bowl to microwave and cook for another twenty to thirty seconds.
- Remove bowl from microwave, top with pumpkin seed kernels, almonds, and plain yogurt.