( Domino "brown-u-lated" really works best for this)
bittersweet baking chocolate
( not unsweetened, recipe originally called for 1 tsp cocoa powder)
dark chocolate chips
( you can use milk chocolate chips too, but I find that dark really gives a nice note to the pumpkin!)
- Grease a square 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
- Blend the pumpkin, sugar, egg and egg whites, and applesauce until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, (and cocoa powder if using that method); blend until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate (I put the the 1-oz square in a small dish and microwaved on high for 30 seconds) and blend it into the mixture, incorporate completely.
- Add the spices and fully blend them inches.
- Mix in the chocolate chips, then spread the mixture evenly into the pan. You might need a rubber scraper to do this.
- Bake at 350. Depending on your oven strength, bake for 20-30 minutes or until completely set. (My convection oven only needed 20 minutes.) Cut into squares, 4x4 to yield 16 brownies.