1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb
1 3/4 cups
onion salt or
onion powder, to taste
( or to taste)
1 1/2 cups
frozen mixed vegetables, slightly thawed
2 -3 cups
( instant prepared or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a frying pan, cook the beef with the onions until the latter are translucent; stir in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Drain the drippings into a 2-quart glass measure and place the meat mix in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- To the pan drippings, add the beef broth to make 2 cups.
- In the frying pan, place flour mix and stir in the broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the gravy is thick.
- Season with onion salt and pepper and pour about half of the broth over the meat. Top with the mixed vegetables and spoon the mashed potatoes on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Serve with the remaining warmed gravy.