1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxes
white cake mix
( calls for Betty Crocker Supermoist)
1 1/4 cups
red food coloring
1 (16 ounce) cans
cream cheese frosting
white candy sprinkles
fresh strawberries, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans).
- Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes, substituting soda for the water and using oil and egg whites.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Stir 1 or 2 drops food color into frosting.
- Frost cupcakes.
- In small resealable food-storage plastic bag, place sprinkles and 1 drop food color; seal bag.
- Gently shake and massage sprinkles until mixture is various shades of pink; sprinkle around edges of frosted cupcakes.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries, if desired.