Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- You will be layering the ingredients on top of each other.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- spray a 13 x 9 cake pan. Best if sprayed, greasing does not work well for this recipe.
- In a small saucepan combine brown sugar and 1/2 stick butter. Heat till melted. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the brown sugar mixture. then cool so you can touch it. It will be a bit crumbly when cool.
- First layer-Pour half the dry yellow cake mix in the pan and spread out an even layer.
- Second Layer- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture evenly over the cake mix. It will not completely cover every inch so don't worry.
- Third Layer- Layer 1/2 banana slices over the brown sugar mixture. Do not let bananas touch each other.(This is important so the ingredients above the bananas has space to seep through them.).
- Fourth Layer- Pour the remainder of the dry yellow cake mix over the bananas,.
- Fifth Layer- Add the remainder of your bananas on top of the yellow cake mix. Again, not letting the banana slices touch each other.
- Sixth Layer- Sprinkle the remainder of pecans on top.
- Melt the remaining 1 1/2 sticks of butter.
- Pour butter back and forth over the cake mix and pecans and bananas. It will not completely cover every inch. Don't worry.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares. They will be a little crumbly but will cut nicely when cooled.
- Serve in a bowl with butter pecan ice cream on top for a dessert, or serve them just by themselves with a glass a milk.