1 (453.59 g) can
dark red kidney beans
( one small can works, or use half of a bigger one that's 14-15 oz)
green onion, chopped
( or small can of green chiles)
garlic clove, peeled and mashed
( or use 1 tsp of that liquid-y minced garlic)
- Rinse and drain the beans and corn, put them aside for now.
- Bring the broth to a boil, then reduce the heat.
- Meld the pumpkin puree into the broth, stirring well, until completely incorporated.
- Stir in the beans.
- Add the oil and garlic and incorporate, then lower the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the corn and green onion (or the rinsed chiles if you're using those) and stir them in well.
- Mix in the dried ingredients and incorporate. Then put in the cilantro.
- Raise the heat a little and let it simmer until thick and bubbly, about 15-25 minutes.