4 (28 g)
whole wheat tortillas
( 9 inch tortillas)
part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated, divided
1 (7 1/2 ounce) cans
pizza sauce, we like hot & spicy
fresh spinach, rolled and sliced into half inch strips
sweet red pepper, diced
( or your choice of colour)
carrot, rough grated
fresh tomato, diced
cheddar cheese, grated
( we like old sharp cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 375f degrees and prepare a cookie sheet covered with tinfoil for easy cleanup.
- Place two tortilla on cookie sheet, split 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese in half and sprinkle on each tortilla, place a second tortilla on top of the cheese sprinkled ones. (I found that one tortilla is a little too "bendy"; sprinkling the cheese between keeps them together and gives more firmess to the tortilla crust).
- Spread half of the pizza sauce on each tortilla crust, sprinkle half of the cut spinach over the sauce, then half of the pepper, diced tomato and grated carrot over each.
- Combine the remaining mozzarella and cheddar and sprinkle half on each tortilla.
- Place cookie sheet on the middle rack of preheated oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling and crust edges are brown.