1 lb skinless fish fillets, orange roughy or 1 lb
ground black pepper
8 tortillas, whole grain high fiber or 8
stoneground corn tortillas
Avocado, diced and lightly mashed
1/3 cup shredded cheese, low fat Mexican or 1/3 cup
monterey jack pepper cheese
chopped fresh cilantro
1 1/2 cups
finely shredded cabbage
- To make the fish: Place the fish in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with the lime juice, paprika, salt, black pepper, and chill powder (if desired).
- Cover, refrigerate, and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (or preheat the oven to 375 degrees).
- Lightly coat a 24' X 12" piece of foil with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the fish in a single layer in the center of the foil.
- Fold the foil over the and fold the ends upward to seal in the fish.
- Place the foil packet on the preheated grill.
- Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the fish is opaque.
- Remove from the grill.
- To assemble the tacos: Warp the tortillas in foil and place them on the grill to warm for 2 minutes.
- Spread about one-eighth of the mashed avocado on each tortilla and top with one-eight of the the fish.
- Sprinkle each with cheese, salsa, cilantro, cabbage, and hot sauce, if desired.