( SEE NOTE BELOW)
light brown sugar, lightly packed
pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and peanut butter together in a large mixer on high. PEANUT BUTTER NOTE: I use 1/3 cup of both creamy and chunky peanut butter in this recipe, but use what you have. My husband likes chunky, and I like creamy so we always have both :)
- Add the sugar, brown sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until the mixture is fluffy. Add the egg and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients until combined: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and oats.
- Slowly add to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
- Place the batter onto a sheet pan by the tablespoonful, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. I use a cookie scooper to make it easier.
- Bake in the top half of the oven until the cookies are golden, about 10-12 minutes. NOTE: The cooking time will depend on the size of cookie (or scooper) that is used, so check at 10 minutes. They should be golden on the edges, but don't overcook these cookies. They should still be chewy.
- Remove and let cool.