( 150 g)
( 75 g)
3 1/2 ounces
( 100 g)
( 125 g, raw marzipan, not processed)
bittersweet chocolate, melted
( you can use any kind of chocolate here)
- Mix together flour and shifted icing sugar.
- Cut the butter in small pices and cut it into the flour/sugar mix until the texture is coarse.
- Add the egg yolk and water and quickly work the dough together.
- Place the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minute.
- Roll the marzipan into 40 small balls, set aside.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out the cold dough on a workspace dusted with flour until the dough is very thin (0.1 inch). It should be as thin as possible without breaking.
- Use a cup or round cookie cutter with 2 inch diameter and cut out 40 round cookies. Gather and roll out cookie dough repeatedly as you go along to use up all dough.
- Place one marzipan roll in the middle of each round cookie.
- Gather the round cookie dough with three fingers and press around the marzipan ball; the form of the cookie should now look like Napoleon's hat (3 flaps sticking out).
- Place the 'hats' on baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake for 8 min until sligtly golden.
- Let cool.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler and dip the three flaps of the hat in the chocolate.
- Cool and enjoy!