white flour, generous TBLS
chicken bouillon seasoning, I prefer G. Washington Golden
milk, any type, maybe a bit less
frozen peas, not canned they tend to be too mushy
- Over low heat, slowly melt the butter in a sauce pan. **I often let it get to the brown butter stage but you don't have to. I'm just mentioning this so that you know that it's ok and not burnt!
- Add the bouillon, whisk, then add the flour. Continue whisking until completely incorporated. It will be thick and pasty.
- Continue whisking and cook a bit longer to get rid of the raw flour taste. About 1 minute.
- Over LOW heat, add milk, 1/2 C at a time continue to whisk while the sauce thickens. Slowly add another 1/2 C, whisk until creamy. Continue adding milk until it no longer thickens and it is creamy.
- Add the frozen peas, allow to warm through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.