buckwheat groats, rinsed
( raw, not toasted)
3 tablespoons rolled oats or 3 tablespoons
chopped red apple
( or fav. chopped nuts)
1/4 cup raisins or 1/4 cup
ground flax seeds
milk (optional) or
honey, to taste
- If using quinoa, rinse with the other grains.
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add rinsed buckwheat and millet, plus oats (or quinoa), apple, almonds, raisins or dates, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt. Stir.
- When simmering, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook 15 minutes, then turn off heat and let the pot sit, covered, for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in flaxseed and serve, topped with milk or yogurt, if desired.