red potatoes, chopped
1 (14 ounce) cans
reduced-sodium chicken broth
broccoli florets, very small
smoked gouda cheese, shredded
( 8 oz.)
( such as curly endive, chicory, romaine, escarole, or spinach)
additional gouda cheese, shredded
- In large saucepan combine potatoes and broth.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, 8 minutes. Mash slightly.
- Add broccoli and milk; bring just to simmering.
- In medium bowl toss flour with cheese; gradually add to soup, stirring cheese until melted.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
- Divide among shallow serving bowls.
- Top with greens and additonal cheese if desired. .