- Wash and core the tomatoes.
- Slice them very thin. approximately 1/8" or less.
- I don't drain the tomatoes of their seeds and liquid as I want as much flavor as I can get. This of course is optional.
- Place on screened trays for your dehydrator. If you don't have screens you can place them on parchment paper. You can spray a very fine mist of cooking spray or oil on your trays to keep the tomatoes from sticking, however, I rarely do this.
- Dehydrate at 150F or whatever your highest setting is. Remember, we are going to dry these to a crisp!
- After about 3-4 hours open your dehydrator and loosen the slices and flip them over. This will keep them from solidly sticking to the screens or parchment.
- Continue to dehydrate until slices are completely dehydrated, dry and crisp.
- Remove and place in blender. (I use a Magic Bullet for this and it works great).
- Blend to a fine powder and store in a jar or zip lock bag.