potatoes, peeled and boiled till cooked
onion, chopped to medium dice
tomatoes, peeled and chopped to medium dice
garlic clove, minced fine
butter, for dotting mix for baking see directions
- Put potatoes in lightly salted water, boil until cooked.
- Drop tomatoes into boiling potato water (see directions above).
- Remove tomatoes from boiling water and peel (see directions above).
- Once potatoes have cooked set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile heat oil in pan and sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes until cooked.
- Add the oregano and stir into mix.
- Slice the potatoes about ½ inch (12/13mm) thick and add to the tomato mixture.
- Put combined mix into oven-proof dish.
- Dot top with butter and bake in hot oven (230 degrees) for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are golden.