lemon, cut in slices
fresh ginger, about 2-inch long cut in slices
garlic cloves, peeled
pepper, fresh ground
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse and dry chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper inside the cavity as much as you like.
- Place the lemon and ginger slices and garlic cloves inside the cavity.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan and rub on some olive oil.
- Season the outside with more salt and pepper.
- Roast 15 minutes then decrease heat to 375 degrees.
- Roast an additional 65 minutes. Do not open the door during this process.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.