1 1/2 lbs
pimento stuffed olives, sliced
ground black pepper
- Place jalapeno in cast iron skillet.
- Cook over low heat till skin is blisterd and blackened slightly.
- (10 or 15 minutes) Remove from skillet and let cool.
- Peel off skin and remove seeds (if you like heat leave them),.
- Coarsely chop.
- Divide turkey into 8 pieces.
- Gently press or pat to make rounds about 4 in in diameter.
- Layer cheese, pepper and olives on the 4 patties.
- Top with the remaining 4 patties.
- Pinch edges together to seal.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add patties and cook until brown on first side, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook till browned, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to low and cook till meat is no longer pink but juicy, 6 to 8 minutes.