mild Italian sausage
1 1/2 teaspoons
crushed red pepper flakes
diced onion, white
chicken bouillon cubes
sliced potatoes, Russet works well
- Remove sausage from casings if applicable. Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
- In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic for approxiamtly 15 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
- Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
- Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in the sausage.
- Add kale just before serving. Delicious!