1 1/2 teaspoons
olive oil, plus extra for oiling
2 3/4 cups
bread flour, plus extra for sprinkling
salt and pepper
- Mix the yeast with 3T. water. Set this aside for 10 minutes or until it is frothy.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar, salt, and pepper. Then make a well in the center.
- Pour the yeast, water, and oil into the well. Use your hands to mix everything together.
- Sprinkle flour over a clean work surface. Then knead the dough for 8 minutes, until it is smooth and elastic.
- Oil a large bowl, put in the dough, and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- Is it ready? Poke holes in the dough. If the holes stay, it's ready. Punch down with your fists and place on a floured surface.
- Knead the dough again. Then cut it into four equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 7" (18-cm) circle and place on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 425F (220C). Top as desired and bake for 12 minutes.