1 1/2 cups
self-rising cornmeal mix
eggs, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 450°F In an 8 or 9 inch cast iron skillet, melt butter. (I do not have a skillet so used a 9 inch round baking stone). Tilt pan to coat the bottom and then pour the remaining butter into a glass measure.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cornmeal mix, flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add eggs and milk and stir until just blended. Then stir in remaining butter.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape the batter into the skillet and smooth the top.
- Bake until golden and springy to the touch in the center, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.