sugar, but save a little to sprinkle on top
butter, cut & semi-soft
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F
- Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add strawberries, or other fruit of choice.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and add in whipping cream. Mix well. Add lemon juice.
- Add whipping cream mixture into dry ingredients. Stir well, ensuring all flour is incorporated.
- Knead 6-7 times.
- Options: Either put on a baking sheet in spoonfuls, or you can pat the dough out into a large round. Using a knife, cut into triangles.
- Put scones onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with whipping cream and sprinkle on a little sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes.