granny smith apples
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
packed brown sugar
dried sweetened cranberries, if desired
1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt (2 cups) or 1 pint
( 2 cups)
- Peel and core apples.
- Cut into thin slices; cut each slice in half crosswise.
- In medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add apples; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add brown sugar, cranberries, cinnamon and apple juice; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until apples are tender and sauce is desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, spoon frozen yogurt into individual dessert dishes.
- Spoon apple mixture over frozen yogurt.
- 1 SERVING Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 105mg; Total Carbohydrates 57g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Sugars 51g; Protein 4g.
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 20%; Iron 4%.
- Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Fat, 3 Other Carbohydrates.
- Quick Fix: The caramel-apple sauce can be made ahead and reheated in the microwave at serving time.