frozen pizza dough, defrosted
( or make your own pizza dough)
olive oil, divided
( extra virgin is best)
mixed fresh herbs
( I used basil, thyme, parsley and oregano)
garlic cloves, finely chopped
( more if you prefer)
pepper, freshly ground
( Or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- If using the oven, preheat to 375f.
- Spread the pizza dough on a veggie sprayed cookie sheet, as thin or as thick as you prefer.
- If using the oven, bake the dough for 4 or 5 minutes, until golden and raised, remove from oven.
- Brush pizza dough with half of the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the herbs and garlic over to cover the surface.
- Grind the pepper over all and drizzle the other half of the olive oil over.
- Return the bread to the oven and bake for a further 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and cooked through, slice and enjoy!.
- Do not precook the dough, spread it out and cover it as above and place on a medium hot BBQ rack, close the lid and cook until cooked through with grill marks and golden.