whole wheat hamburger bun
baby spinach leaves
- Remove stem from portabella mushroom. Discard or reserve for later use.
- On a preheated barbecue, place portabella mushroom gill side down. Slather top of mushroom with 1/2 tbsp of barbecue sauce. Grill for 5 minutes.
- Turn portabella mushroom over, and slather with remaining 1/2 tbsp of barbecue sauce. Grill another 3 minutes.
- Place cheese on top of mushroom, and grill another 1-2 minutes or just until the cheese is melted. If you like your hamburger bun toasted, you may wish to place it on the grill at this time.
- Remove mushroom (and bun) from the grill. Place mushroom on bun, top with tomato and spinach. If using, spread mayo on top half of bun. Serve hot with fries, or other grilled veggies.