salt, to taste
- Heat the oven to 400°F
- Cut the baguette on the bias into about 20 (1/2-inch-thick) slices and place on a baking sheet.
- Using 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, lightly brush each slice. Sprinkle with salt and bake until lightly toasted and crisp, about 8 minutes; let cool.
- Line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a small frying pan over medium-low heat. When the oil shimmers, gently place 2 to 3 sage leaves at a time into the hot oil until they darken in color and any bubbling subsides.
- Immediately remove the leaves with tongs or a slotted spoon and transfer to the paper-towel-lined plate.
- Repeat with remaining sage leaves; set aside.
- Gently spread 1 teaspoon of the goat cheese on each crostini, top with a heaping 1/2 teaspoon of the fig jam, and garnish with a fried sage leaf.