garlic cloves, pressed
fresh thyme leave, lightly crushed
fresh rosemary leaf, lightly crushed
coarse kosher salt
extra virgin olive oil, divided
lamb loin chops
( 1 1/4 inch thick)
- Mix first 4 ingredients and 1 Tb olive oil in a large bowl. Add lamb; turn to coat.
- Let marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat remaining 1 Tb olive oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add lamb; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and roast lamb chops to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to platter, cover, and let rest 5 minutes.