brown sugar, packed
lemon zest, finely grated
fresh rosemary, finely chopped
( not instant or old-fashioned)
- In a small bowl, sift flour with baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and the sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix in the honey and lemon extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition. Beat until uniform.
- Incorporate lemon zest, rosemary, and oats.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold flour mixture into the butter & sugar preparation until fully blended. If using, fold in nuts.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Drop onto cookie sheets the equivalent of 2 tablespoons, 1 inch apart. Flatten lightly.
- Bake 6 minutes on top rack.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and drop twice on a flat surface (to remove air in cookies). Return to oven another 5 or 6 minutes until golden.
- Wait 5 minutes before removing cookies from pan. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.