1 1/2 lbs
( 4 thighs)
potato, cut into large dice
3/4 lb yucca root or 3/4 lb
yukon gold potato, cut into large dice
ear of corn, cut into 1 inch rounds
( try Bold Rotisserie Chicken Flavor)
garlic cloves, minced
salt & freshly ground black pepper
cilantro, for garnish
- In a large skillet, brown chicken (seasoned with salt and pepper) in oil then add to Dutch oven or pressure cooker.
- Put potatoes, yucca and corn in pot and season with salt and pepper and cayenne, if using; pour chicken stock into pot.
- Meanwhile, cook onions and garlic in skillet until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in 1 cup water and loosen the bits stuck to the bottom; pour all into pot.
- Cover pot and cook over medium heat 40 minutes for Dutch oven and 30 minutes in pressure cooker (you will have to lower the heat to low once the pressure is built up in the pressure cooker).
- Once done, taste for seasoning, stir in cream, capers, and cilantro, if desired.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with an avocado on the side.