( large and thin sliced in planks, skin on)
mozzarella cheese, shredded
parmesan cheese, grated
( cooked accordingly to directions)
tomatoes, roasted and diced
cremini mushroom, chopped
( small chopped fine)
( 1 to saute the vegetables, 1 to saute the rolls)
kosher salt, for the sauce
ground black pepper, for the sauce
grated parmesan cheese
( as a garnish)
fresh basil, chopped
- Cheese filling -- In a small bowl mix the ricotta, the mozzarella, parmesan and pepper.
- Sauce -- In another pot on the stove add a little olive oil, garlic mushrooms and cook 4-5 minutes until soft and then add the tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste and just simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Zucchini -- Just wrap in a wet paper towel and cook 30-45 seconds on medium high heat, just until plyable or easy to roll. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Roll up -- Make the rolls, spread a little of the olive tapenade of each zucchini plank and then top with the cheese mix and roll up. Put a tooth pick in to hold them together. Now in a medium sized oven proof saute pan, add a little olive oil and cook until golden brown. Transfer to a 325 degree oven to keep warm as you cook the pasta.
- Pasta -- Make the pasta according to directions. Once cooked drain and plate. Top with 2-3 rolls per plate, some of the mushroom tomato sauce and garnish with fresh basil and parmesan. ENJOY!