( Recipe #320381 or your own pizza crust recipe)
garlic cloves, thinnly sliced
fresh block mozzarella cheese
( maybe a little less)
shredded mozzarella cheese
vine ripe tomatoes, sliced thin
fresh basil leaf, chopped
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook pizza crust 10 minutes (or as directed in recipe - until it is mostly cooked).
- Drizzle cooked crust with a little more than 1 tbsp of the olive oil and use a brush to spread until the entire crust is moistened, adding more olive oil as needed.
- Spread sliced garlic evenly on top.
- Top with a single layer of 1/4" thick slices of mozzarella (or a thickness to your liking) and then fill in any gaps in between the slices by sprinkling with the shredded mozzarella.
- Place thinnly sliced tomatoes on top of cheese in a single layer, spaced close together (they will shrink and spread apart when baked).
- Sprinkle with roughly chopped basil.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil (about 1/2 tbsp) and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake 15 minutes or until tomatoes are crinkly and mozzarella is soft and slightly browned in some areas.