prepared yellow mustard
3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons
( white, grated or minced)
( small, from the heart with greens and finely chopped)
chives, finely chopped
green salad olives and pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- Place eggs in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let eggs stand 10 minutes.
- Drain, then shake the eggs around in pot to crack the shells.
- Run eggs under cold water to peel and cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine paprika, chili powder, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, mustard, mayonnaise, onion w/juice, celery, chives, and olives.
- Coarsely chop eggs and add them to a bowl.
- Mix egg salad and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly toast bread and make sandwiches with mounds of deviled egg salad and lettuce.