eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons
all-purpose white flour
4 -6 tablespoons
- For the cookies: In a large bowl, cream together with an electric mixer the margarine and the granulated sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and the extract and beat until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until smooth. Divide the dough in half onto plastic wrap and wrap to cover.
- Chill in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight until firm.
- Roll out dough to a 1/4inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out with your favorite cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees 10-12 minutes. Cookies should be firm to the touch, but not brown. Cool and frost.
- For the frosting: Mix together the confectioners sugar and the margarine.
- Add the extract and then the milk until desired consistency. (Use less milk, if you plan to add food coloring for colored frosting) Beat until fluffy.