minced garlic cloves
10 -14 small
fresh chilies, seeded and chopped
( if using Habs 4-5)
( or to taste)
- In a sauce pan, saute the onion and garlic in the oil until soft. (if not using carrot, skip the next two steps).
- Add the carrots, if using, with a small amount of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until the carrots are soft.
- Place the onion, garlic, and carrot (if using) mixture in a blender, add chiles, and puree until smooth (if needed add a small amount of water - should be smooth not runny).
- Combine the puree, vinegar, lime juice (if using), and salt in a sauce pan and simmer until well combined.
- Strain if desired and place in bottles and refrigerate.