1 1/2 cups
olive oil, the good stuff is a good investment for this
pepper, freshly ground, I used white pepper, but it would be your preferance
fresh corn, cut off the cob and the kernels scraped with the back of a knife to get all the juices into the bowl
arugula, cleaned and drained
1 1/2 teaspoons
fresh oregano, chopped
1 1/2 ounces
pecorino romano cheese
- Corn goes into the bottom of the bowl, then the arugula and oregano on top of that, salt and pepper over that. You can now wrap with cling wrap and stuff into the 'fridge for quite a few hours without damage.
- Make the dressing: Clean the shallot and the citrus, and cut off the stem ends and any nasty bits.
- Juice one lemon and one orange, and add juice to a blender.
- Chop the other citrus (remove the pits, leave the skin on!) into chunks and toss into blender.
- Chop the shallot, and add that to the blender.
- Pulse to start, then blend to a liquid.
- Remove the top while the blender is running and slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream.
- Dressing will be thick like a mayonnaise. Dressing will keep for several weeks in a jar in the fridge, but may separate. If it does, simply blend again to return to mayonaise-like state.
- When ready to serve, dress the salad with one cup of the dressing and toss it well, then shave the cheese over top with a potato peeler and serve.
- Now, all together, say "YUMMMMMMMMM -- .