2 1/2 teaspoons
dark chocolate chips
( milk chocolate can also be used)
egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare a 12-hole muffin tin by lining them with patty cases.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and chocolate chips, mixing well. Create a well in the centre of the mixture.
- Combine the egg, sour cream, milk and melted butter into a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients all at once, and stir until the ingredients are just combined (do not over-mix; the batter should still be quite lumpy).
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or when firm, and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from pans and place on a wire rack to cool.