cherries, dark and sweet
semisweet chocolate bars
1 (14 ounce) cans
sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 tablespoons
2 -3 drops
red food coloring
- Chill mixing bowls, mixer beaters, and all utensils you'll use in conjunction with the cream and milk.
- Pit and chop up cherries in a contained environment, such as a large pot. Set aside, but save the remaining juice. Admire the blood-like spray of juice that inevitably got on you ;).
- If you don't enjoy slashing up cherries, pitting them and chopping them in a blender or something is sufficient. Be sure to save the juice.
- Put chocolate into a plastic bag and smash into small pieces with a mallet or the flat end of a tenderizer. Set aside.
- Retrieve a (smaller) mixing bowl and whip the cream until very stiff, adding the sugar while whipping.
- In the other (larger) mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the condensed milk, water, vanilla extract, cherry juice, and food coloring (optional).
- Fold the whipped cream into the milk mixture. It can be rather chunky once it's all folded. Mmmm -- "chunky" ;).
- Add the cherries and gently mix, but mix thoroughly.
- Add the chocolate bits and gently, thoroughly mix.
- Transfer the cream-milk-cherry-chocolate mixture into a 6-cup/1.5L freezer container. Please do not transfer from a large height. Or, y'know, try that. See how it goes for you ;D.
- Freeze until semi-frozen, then stir.
- Freeze for six hours total before eating =).