dried anasazi beans
( olive or canola)
( or 4 T. dried)
garlic clove, minced
( or 1 t. powder )
1 (4 ounce) cans
chopped green chili peppers, chopped
( or 1 med. fresh)
salt & pepper
- Rinse & sort beans.
- Cover with water & soak overnight; OR bring to a boil for 5 minutes, remove from heat, cover & let rest for 1 hour.
- Drain, rinse & cover beans with water. Bring to a boil, cover & simmer approximately 1-1/2 hours or until nearly tender.
- In a skillet, saute onion & garlic in oil until transparent. Add this mixture & all remaining ingredients to beans.
- Simmer uncovered for 1 hour, until tender, stirring occasionally.
- May be necessary to add water during last hour of cooking so keep a watchful eye.