whole graham crackers, 2 squares each
sweetened flaked coconut
Ice Cream Cake
2 (14 ounce) containers
pineapple-coconut ice cream
1 pint strawberry sorbet or 1 pint
1 (8 ounce) containers
frozen whipped topping
ripe mango, peeled and diced, garnish
shaved fresh coconut or
sweetened flaked coconut, for garnish
- Remove bottom of a 9x3-inch springform pan, line bottom with nonstick foil and attach pan sides.
- Crust: Pulse crackers and nuts in food processor until fine crumbs form (nuts will be finely chopped).
- Add coconut and butter, pulse until combined (mixture will clump when pressed together with fingers).
- Press firmly over bottom of prepared pan.
- Freeze 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a container of pineapple-coconut ice cream in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to slightly soften.
- Pack into crust in an even, smooth layer.
- Freeze 15 minutes or until firm.
- Repeat layering and freezing as above with 1 pint of the mango sorbet, the strawberry sorbet and the remaining pint of mango sorbet.
- Top with remaining pineapple-coconut ice cream.
- Cover and freeze overnight or up to 1 week.
- With a thin, sturdy knife, carefully cut around edge of ice cream; remove pan sides.
- Invert cake on a plate; remove pan bottom.
- Reinvert cake onto a serving plate.
- Spread top with whipped topping; garnish with mango and coconut, if desired.