( 2 1/4 cups)
( I used sunflower)
fresh ground black pepper
( more if you like)
( 1 cup)
fresh green asparagus
( trimmed and cleaned, ca. 11 stalks)
grated cheese, such as gouda
( 1/3 cup)
- Toss asparagus with 1 tbs of the oil in a baking dish. Roast in the oven at 200°C/400°F for about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut asparagus into pieces (the lenth of half a finger should be just fine).
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a big bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- In a second bowl beat eggs lightly. Add sour cream and remaining oil. Pour into the well and mix until dry ingredients are just moistened (make sure not to overmix).
- Fold in asparagus.
- Fill dough into prepared muffin tins (well greased or paper-lined). If you like sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for 20 minutes or until slightly browned and tester comes out clean.