light brown sugar
1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam or 1 tablespoon
( creamy or chunky)
1 1/2 cups
- Lightly grease two baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Spread the peanuts on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 5 minutes, until they begin to brown.
- Allow to cool then chop coarsely.
- Beat the butter, superfine sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the jam or preserves, peanut butter, and vanilla; beat until mixed thoroughly.
- Gradually add the beaten egg, beating well after each little bit is added.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Stir into the mixture with the chopped nuts to make a soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball the size of a walnut.
- Put the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them well apart.
- Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave on the baking sheets for 3 to 4 minutes; remove with a thin metal spatula.
- Cool on a wire rack.