( 6 1/2 cups mashed blackberry equals 12 pints or approximately 2 pounds)
( peeled and diced)
( follow directions on your Pectin box)
- Wash, remove stems, and mash berries. Make sure to measure 4 cups mashed berries.
- Dice apples into tiny pieces - leave skin on.
- Place apples and lemon juice in large pan on medium heat.
- Cook apples for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add mashed berries and cook until it boils, stirring a few times.
- Let fruit boil for 2-3 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine sugar and pectin and stir together.
- Add sugar/pectin mixture into boiling fruit and stir.
- Boil (high boil) for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fill jars to 1/4" of top. (Recipe makes six 8oz. jars).
- Wipe rims clean and screw on 2-piece lids.
- Let jars cool. You will hear a "pop" sound once sealed. You do not have to put jars in boiling water. Just let cool on your kitchen counter. Easy!