1 (16 ounce) packages
frozen corn, thawed
( you can substitute peeled chopped cucumber if you don't like corn)
2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans
black ripe olives, sliced, drained
red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
5 -6 cloves
1/3 cup green olives or 1/3 cup
lemon juice, or lime juice or a combination
3 tablespoons white vinegar or 3 tablespoons
salt, to taste
freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the corn (or cucumber), olives, red pepper, and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pour over corn (or cucumber) mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, chop avocados and stir into salsa.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Note: make sure that you get good, ripe avocados! Also, you can add some minced jalapeno if you'd like a bit of spiciness.